Caveman Cookery Recipe
The fantastic team at Caveman Cookery have created this exclusive (very tasty) recipe for us to help our readers get baking this autumn. It’s the perfect treat to make on these wet, cold autumn days and it’s absolutely delicious!
Plus if you’re looking for a healthier treat these are ideal as no refined sugar is used, great for snacks at Halloween, Bonfire & Christmas parties!
- 3 eggs
- 90g honey
- 100ml milk
- 85g butter
- 4 tbsp mashed pumpkin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cook the pumpkin whole or just quarter either by roasting it or boiling. The team at Caveman Cookery recommend roasting at 180c until it’s tender.
- Then mash the pumpkin & leave to cool.
- Wisk together the eggs and honey till combined.
- Add milk and butter (melted).
- Add mashed pumpkin to the wet mixture.
- Once all wet ingredients are added together add flour, spices and baking powder.
- Add all dry ingredients bit by bit to the wet ingredient.
- Divide the mixture in silicone doughnut moulds and bake for 20 minutes.
donutsare cooking create the glaze. Cook honey and maple in a saucepan. Rapid boil for 10 minutes, then brushover the warm donuts.
- Once the
donutsare out of the oven, cover with glaze and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take out the mould and serve up.
Caveman Cookery is based just up the road from our showroom along Gammon Walk, Barnstaple. Why not pop along and give their fantastic food a try next time you’re in town. They provide amazing roasts, burritos and baked goods made from fresh, local produce and from personal experience they taste outstanding!